Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Public (mis)behaviour


Today I decided to take a break from reading newspapers, on-line comments and most current affair (political) blogs. Reason for this is that it's downright depressing!! 


Whenever I sit down with a cuppa tea to relax for an hour or so and catch up on what is happening 'out there', I get a kinda loony tune impression. There seems to be a lot of confusion in what people write. Maybe the wave of enlightenment that has swept over many has filled their brains to full capacity and this knowledge is quickly rather than slowly driving them insane (my personal theory).


I donno! All I know it that I've decided to shy away to preserve my sanity. I hope the on-line mood picks up before the Christmas season begins or it is going to be truly bleak holiday period.
In the meantime I shall be reading about fun things in life such as shopping, books, theatre and cinema. 


And that leads me to my last point. Last night I watched  a fantastic film 'The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie' (1969) originally a Muriel Spark book but adapted to a film including fantastic actors such as Maggie Smith and Robert Stephens. Such a classic and a good laugh! It should bring back lovely memories to all of you who went to private schools!:)


(Photo: http://www.welcometothedoghouse.net/pics/english_bulldog_wallpaper.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment